An outline of our EYFS curriculum is summarised below. You can also find more information about our curriculum and what we are doing by following the link to the year group pages or the links to subject areas on our curriculum webpage.
If you would like more information or to discuss any aspect of our EYFS curriculum please contact us via the school office.
We follow the statutory EYFS Framework as set out below:
Areas of learning
Your child will mostly be taught through games and play.
The areas of learning are:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design
If an area of learning conflicts with your beliefs please contact us to discuss whether you need to ask for an ‘exemption’.
The Learning Goals set out in the EYFS Framework are:
The Prime Areas:
- Communication and language
- Listening and attention
- Physical development
- Moving and handling
- Health and self-care.
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Self-confidence and self-awareness
- Managing feelings and behaviour
- Making relationships
The Specific Areas:
- Shape, space and measures
- Understanding the world
- People and communities
- The world
- Expressive arts and design
- Exploring and using media and materials
- Being imaginative
Your child’s progress will be reviewed during their time in our Nursery and Reception and their class teacher will assess them at the end of the school year when they turn 5.
The assessment is based on classroom observation - your child won’t be tested. It uses the early learning goals, which can be found in the early years framework.